KYOCERA introduces new Silicon Nitride Igniter for residential Gas Furnace
Kyocera has developed a long life igniter for residential heating systems which is referred to as the most robust igniter in the world 
21 marzo 2017
Kyoto / Neuss – Kyocera, a Japanese technology group, has developed a new silicon nitride igniter with exceptional endurance and very stable ignition performance for European residential gas furnaces. Kyocera`s SN igniter has been regarded as one of the most robust igniters in the world and heats up to more than 1000 degrees Celsius. As the new igniter can be operated at rated residential voltage, no high voltage protection is needed for either systems or modules. This allows flexible components selection and contributes to cost savings on the total system.
The new 230V SN igniter heats up to more than 1000 degrees Celsius very quickly and smoothly sparks off natural gas. Compared to conventional spark plugs, Kyocera´s igniter has a wider hot surface and enables a very stable ignition performance. In a test circuit with 40K cycles, the igniter achieved a defect rate of zero.
Furthermore, the igniter shows a very small resistance change over life time which results in yet another advantage: the igniter shows no degradation which gives customers easier control over the heating system.
Kyocera has relied on and continuously expanded its expertise in material and manufacturing technology in the field of technical ceramics since its foundation in 1959. The new silicon nitride igniter is another product that enriches Kyocera´s broad brand portfolio.
 Based on internal measurements carried out by Kyocera
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
- KYOCERA Document Solutions presenta DocuWare per la gestione digitale delle informazioni
- KYOCERA Introduces New 6.2” AWVII LCD for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA introduces new Silicon Nitride Igniter for residential Gas Furnace
- KYOCERA Document Solutions persegue la digital transformation tramite l’innovazione dei sistemi multifunzione
- KYOCERA Document Solutions estende le capacità di gestione automatizzata dei flussi documentali
- KYOCERA Document Solutions insignita del Good Design Award 2016 per quattro sistemi multifunzione e stampanti A4
- Nuovi sistemi KYOCERA ECOSYS A4 a colori supportano “lo smart working”, la preservazione ambientale e il budget aziendale.
- KYOCERA Document Solutions annuncia nuovi sistemi monocromatici A4 ECOSYS a supporto dello “smart working”
- Ottimizzazione della lavorazione di ghisa: inserti KYOCERA per utensili da taglio e nuovi gradi in metallo duro rivestito
- Panel Plus 3.3
- InPrint 2016: KYOCERA presenta a Milano una testina di stampa a getto d’inchiostro da 360 dpi, dotata di sistema di circolazione dell’inchiostro e velocità record
- KYOCERA develops far infrared camera module for automotive applications and security
- KYOCERA Fleet Services
- electronica 2016: Kyocera presents brand new technologies for the automotive industry
- Robust, thin and light – Kyocera presents a modern 5.7-inch module for industrial applications